Chilled
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by S EyeLand View Post
You played yourself.

On-Board Diagnostic Tests: Licensed New York emissions testing facilities will administer an ODBII test on most motor vehicles made in the 1996 model year or later. The OBDII system installed in U.S. manufactured vehicles made in the 1996 and newer model years is a mechanical issue early-warning system. The system records the vehicle’s performance by administering a specific kind of test referred to as a “Monitor”. Certain monitors test a vehicle’s primary emissions components and subsystems. While the key is in the ignition and the engine is off, a test technician will make sure the vehicle’s DLC (Data Link Connector) works properly. Then, the test technician hooks an emissions diagnostic tool up to your vehicle’s DLC using a cable to allow the technician’s diagnostic tool to communicate with the vehicle’s OBD II system. New York test personnel can check your vehicle’s engine and emissions systems, and see if any monitors state a “Not Ready” status. The test personnel can complete the test in around 2 minutes.
Oh no the shame, the embarrassment, how will I go on.

Sorry I'm not an expert on American/NY. I am used to Regulations been useful/functional and not a circle jerk waist of time. ie. Emissions tests, that actually test said emissions.

Question is the examiner in a cost optimized offshore region? Seems like a waist having them local if all they do is plug in an OBD cable and hit scan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S EyeLand View Post
He jumped the gun and got nasty. Not sure why, prob a little guy.
Nope, just took you up on your offer of the self imposed "expert" title.

Calling yourself an expert is painting a bullseye on your back and inviting everyone to take a shot.

Last edited by Chilled; 08-22-2022 at 03:06 AM..
Appreciate 0