View Single Post
      08-11-2020, 10:50 AM   #124
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

What's a start?

Toronto and Montreal see monumental amounts of immigration, no one wants to talk about it because racist but these people need to live somewhere. There has also been a concerted push to build up, not out, which makes sense but means detached houses are at a premium.

Best decision i ever made was buying our house less than 10 miles from Toronto centre with a 65x125 lot. It's not acres but right now it seems like it given the density in Toronto.

CERB ($2k month for those without income since March) has kept things afloat, it is due to end soon and be replaced by something far less charitable soon so the acid test will come then. I am trying to hire at minimum wage $15.40 an hr) and i cannot get anyone to do it, they just take CERB.

There have also been rules put in place re no evictions etc that will end soon and that will see another test, i am not sold this can keep going as well as some of the optimists here, i know a lot are entry level but SO MANY people out of work, it has to materialise at some point, the lack of spending will SURELY see a knock on effect.
Appreciate 0