View Single Post
      04-25-2021, 10:56 PM   #6
VETTEPRO
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M Comp, Grigio Telesto

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR X5M View Post
How are you doing the charge pipes since the upper IC housing runs basically to the turbo discharge pipes? Are you doing pre or post IC? I know your background Andy, and have installed one of your sc kits on my friends c6 back in the day. Glad to have a gear head like you on this platform too. If you come up with something crafty on the meth would love to see it.
I had it apart this weekend to install the JB4. I don't think there will be any need to make pipes.
I asked BMS if they had #5 nozzles. If so I think I'll run 2 pre intercoolers and 2 post intercoolers just to test.
The tanks look pretty sturdy. I think I'm going to drill and tap them so I can put in 1/4" NPT to 1/8" NPT bushings. I'll use the same adhesive that they glue the Corvette bodies to the frame around the bushing to reinforce it. It will be super strong. Then the 1/8 NPT Meth nozzles will screw right into them.
I sometimes see IATs in the 40* range after the intercooler, when spraying a lot of Meth, on a Corvette. If I blow 40*air through an intercooler that is ambient temperature, at best, it's going to warm it up rather than cool it down. This is all hypothetical of course because I have no idea what the air temp/ meth mixture will be before the intercooler.
The reason for blowing some of it through is just to atomize it better. I'll probably experiment doing that, then try twin #10 nozzles after the intercooler and see what works best.
As you said, you know me and know that I love to experiment and make things better. (or at least try)
Appreciate 0