View Single Post
      09-19-2023, 07:51 PM   #49
RobotDoctor
Professional Nomad
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i F36 Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I think both teams and coaches (where the public animosity started) have things to be embarrassed about. It was a late hit that shouldn’t have happened. The Colorado medical and coaching staffs should not allowed Hunter back on the field after it happened, which probably made his injury worse. Teams seemed ready to fight from the start. Shedeur Sanders shouldn’t have been trying to poke someone in the eyes.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sp...er-in-the-eye/

But hey, I’m a Miami fan. What do I know about bad behavior?
Deion Sanders took offense with Norvell's comment about taking hats and sunglasses off when talking to adults because that is what his momma taught him. So what exactly was he saying here, Sanders' mom raised a son who doesn't know or respect talking to adults? What was the point of this? I can see to motivate his players but inferring something that comes from parental teachings of the opposing coach is surely going to be taken negatively and add fuel to a fire, which is what happened.

CSU came in with a chip on their shoulders because of all the publicity in Colorado, and the nation regarding what Coach Prime has done. The news in Denver is focusing on CU and ignoring CSU. With respects, this is nearly the case every year so what is different this year except the dynamics and those running the program.

While Deion Sanders talks a lot and some love it and some hate it, he generally can back up most of what he says. Is it boasting, pontificating or is it speaking a lot of truth? Hard to say but there are many who cannot handle what Deion is saying, and that includes Jeff Norvell. Norvell stirred up the Hornet's nest with the players at CSU so to add to the in-state rivalry he laced it to ignite. Given the circumstance what did anyone expect? As a fan of both programs and have recently lived in Fort Collins for a long time I put the aggression on Jeff Norvell and his comments. What was the purpose, motivation or jealousy or both? That is what I am thinking because he blamed officials for calling all those penalties against the Rams. Pardon the two targeting flags (Blackburn and Kamara), add unnecessary roughness when Tory Horton pushed Shilo Sanders towards the goal post after the pick 6 or the closeline tackle he made when Brayden Fowler-Nicolosi rushed for an apparent TD in overtime or the several illegal chop blocks that CSU was called for. No, the game from the Rams was undisciplined as if there was another agenda. That said, I hope normalcy returns to both programs and everyone, players and coaches, act with character and integrity.

And no, Miami football players were Choir boys. Maybe not. I am not saying what the players from "The U" did was right or wrong but it was a different time. They definitely had swagger when most programs didn't conduct themselves that way. But if memory serves me, they didn't play dirty football, just aggressive and they could play. Then again I was a Big10 and WAC football fan being from Colorado.
Appreciate 0