BeachsideF30
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90--> E92-->F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by gershon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW0802 View Post
after replacing the Rod Bearing yesterday the knocking sound still there, FXxxxxXX, any one here with luck on their S-drive?
I have this ticking noise problem too...there's another thread about this noise where a forum member insisted the noise was due to "engine knocking/pinging/pre detonation".

I'm hoping it's fixable, whatever it is. The only thing that doesn't make sense to me, is why it seems to have been brought up only in the last few years, and not before.

I have a 2016 35i and took it to my local dealer a few months ago - after looking it over for 30 minutes, putting it up on the lift, and taking it for a drive, the tech said the noise was coming from a spare lug nut I keep in my glovebox...I left and didn't want to argue. The tech did a lot of testing, and said the car is functioning as normal.
Most of us in this thread get the "normal operational sound" from the dealers. There's nothing normal about it. What baffles me is how is this sound at low speed load only but not low speed rolling in N and revving the engine it's smooth as silk. and that it's present on X and S drive
Appreciate 0