View Single Post
      07-26-2014, 05:08 PM   #88
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
This is BS. I am the person who reached out to these guys and asked to give us a good deal on group buy basis after doing extensive research on how Racechip works. He asked if $50 off would be a good deal and I pushed for $150-$170 off, which eliminated their profits. They agreed because they are car enthusiasts as well and wanted to help.
I went back to them and sent a copy of this thread. They are not happy and I saw all emails from opasha. It's nice how you put them on blast here, but you forgot to mention that in bunch of your emails you proved that you or your mechanic never looked at the instructions, which come with pictures. You removed so many things to get to two plugs and all you had to do is stick your hands in, unplug the MAP sensors and plug in the tune. They told you to test the system with the dummy plug, which essentially puts the system back to oem, and that still did not fix your problem. This means your installation was wrong. You threatened them with a law suit and lawyers, but when they asked you to send them dealer's findings so they can fight it with the manufacturer of the chip, you claim you threw it away.........really?
I was actually willing to help you throughout this issue, but after comparing what you posted in this thread and reading actual emails from you to the company I lost all the respect I had for you.

R33, what a professional advice you give on a public forum to another member against a small business. You don't pay for sponsorship here and poach members via pm, which you tried with me and I was actually going to give you business for my M5 parts.
You are a business owner in this industry yourself, but you act with no ethics on this public forum. Please don't take this as a form of attack, but you pm'ing members to buy from you and speaking negatively of other businesses without having a proper account is against the rules. You advised him to file a chargeback with the credit card company without knowing both sides of the story on a group buy that set ground rules with no returns unless the tune has a defect and all of them including harnesses are tested in Germany before they are shipped to the US and DTMhaus tested them as well. How would you like this to happen to your business?
Remember that Karma is a.......!
You must have severely misunderstood many things. I'm not going to argue or belittle you, but when we had asked for your help earlier regarding the installation and information regarding the 5.0i since you helped a neighbor put it in, you were nowhere to be found.

1) I did not ever say anything bad about Dtmhaus...who are your friends and who you got a discount from. They have been nothing but helpful and the middle men in my communication with RaceChip. They could not give me a refund because they break even with the discounted sale and were not happy that this chip did not sit well with my car. RaceChip is at fault here and I told Kamil and Raul of Dtmhaus to tell them (RaceChip) that I would get my lawyers involved because of their unprofessional behavior - this was at the end of 37 emails; at this point, I have every right to be upset with RaceChip (THE MANUFACTURER), so don't you do dare call me out on things you have very little knowledge of. You know nothing about me. I'm intelligent enough and educated enough to know where the line is crossed when a company is bullying and not giving a damn about something they are in the wrong for.

2) Before the packages even arrived, I started this thread and started communicating with you in a kind/friendly manner alongside my first communication with Dtmhaus. They, themselves, had almost zero knowledge regarding the 5.0i, which is fine. It's not their product, so they are not responsible for knowing EVERY single thing about. This is where they started to communicate with RaceChip. RaceChip gave very little help and didn't even try to reach out to me. I had nothing but the pictures I provided in this thread that were provided by both Dtmhaus and RaceChip (RaceChip only provided the pictures of the X5M or some M engine- yes, ladies and gentleman, these guys don't have installation pictures of the new F15 X5 5.0i). So, what did I do after all this research and communicating before doing the install? I read the instruction manual posted in this thread that I posted pictures of. I then showed my mechanic as well. This is also the reason I watched the whole process myself. Together we had to figure out where the 2 MAP sensors were located, which is INSTRUCTION NUMBER 1 in the booklet. Then we did NUMBER 2, then NUMBER 3...and so on and so forth until plugging into the RaceChip Tune, which was securely placed to the side. (Um, if that's not following directions, then please educate me and tell me further how I should follow instructions).

3) I posted pictures from start to finish not for my benefit, but so that everyone in the forums that were considering the 5.0i RaceChip tune or just curious could see how the install was. There's a reason why RaceChip doesn't post pictures of this install. If they properly worked on a 5.0i N63TU engine, what reason do they have not to take pictures of the isntall? It's not that easy. Yes, if you have small hands, you can put your hands and maybe snag yourself against some metal if you like while you try really hard to push in the sensors...sure. My mechanic is about 6'5" and has rather large hands, so he had to remove the metal bar to have the easiest access and make sure he could securely zip tie the sensors and their cords so that nothing moved. The plug provided (the red one), which is the correct plug that goes into the 2 MAP sensors on each side of this large V8, had no clips to securely keep the plugs from disconnecting. The pink one (which did not fit) had clips. So this is the reason for using the yellow zip ties. My mechanic read the book word for word before starting the installation in front of me.

4) The only mistake I made was following the diesel tune thread and getting yours and other's advice about the E settings for S2. We had done this after everything was installed correctly. I drove off for about 4 minutes and turned the car around after seeing the CEL and Drivetrain Malfunction. I took the car back to the shop, called up RaceChip personally, and the guy explained to me that the forum members here knew nothing and were severely misinformed. He said to keep it at the stock settings being B for S2. I had never touched S1 as it was set to 1. We did this without issue and started up the car. The Drivetrain Malfunction persisted. I then called up RaceChip again, and we had about an hour discussion about the whole installation and I even provided the links to my 24 pictures and this thread. Do you know what he said to me? He said, "Everything looks perfectly installed...I don't know what else to tell you. We don't offer refunds if you purchase from DTMHaus." I then went about consulting everyone here and got a hold of shawnsheridan (a top coder in bimmerfest) and we spent about 4 hours over the course of two days to reset the BDC_body, reset DME using jumper cables, etc and nothing changed. This was all done with the Dummy Plug.

5) I threw away the BMW Service form because I was happy that my car was back to normal after this long headache. I did not think I would need it. As I stated, there were 2 things: 1) There was a factory recall on the DSC module - something to do with window regulators - not sure what that does. 2) The CEL turned out to be an air flow sensor issue. They unplugged it and plugged it back in - it did not say which one, but it rectified the CEL.

6) I'm an honest person. I do things correctly with plenty of research and help people in this forum to the best of my ability. Whether you respect me or not...that's up to you. Just know that I gave only facts from start to finish. I don't like RaceChip as a company. They're very unprofessional and I do not recommend them to anyone. DTMHaus, however, are very nice people and I do recommend them. I had no issues with them at all. Kamil and Raul were respectful and helpful throughout this process, and if I did anything to offend them or they misunderstood something, I apologize.

And for the record, I'm not filing anything with my credit card company - that's just a big hassle and not worth it. r33 just provided advice because he was also unhappy with a fellow member's situation as we all provide advice for other members when they are not treated well by dealers, companies, etc. I'm simply going to sell this kit here or on ebay since I have no other choice.

Last edited by opasha; 07-26-2014 at 05:14 PM..
Appreciate 0