06-10-2023, 05:43 AM   #47
Ralph III
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzanerazzurri View Post
Ralph, what's absurd is you spent far too much time on this post and didn't even bother to go back and read my initial reply to you.

I said "Neither waxes nor sealants provide any material UV protection."

Hope that helps.
No Forz. You are simply backtracking now and attempting to give yourself an out. I indeed noted you used the word "material" and I knew you'd do this at some point.

However, your attempts were to fully negate the usefulness of waxes and sealants, period. As noted in my original post, I stated "Carnauba waxes do offer UV protection but they only last for a few weeks...".

That is an accurate statement which you emphatically and foolishly challenged. You then doubled down and went further on to state "Modern clear coat doesn't fail like it used to anyway and it doesn't need a "sacrificial layer".

That statement is simply preposterous. As noted, you'd be laughed off other forums by other professional Detailers and Refinishers, of which I am. I simply attempted to correct you and to set the record straight.

What you're failing to comprehend and as others need to understand; is that clear coats are in essence a clear paint. It has no pigmentation. It is used to protect the top coat but it also needs to be protected. Because the elements, including the suns UV, are continually attacking and thus breaking it down on a microscopic level. If it's not properly cared for it will lead to clear coat failure.

Washing your vehicle regularly and using waxes and sealants, which do have UV inhibitors, will greatly help to protect an automobiles finish. I buffed and made other paint corrections on nearly 15k vehicles as a professional, btw.

So, instead of propagating misinformation or otherwise making misleading statements, which leads to confusion by others, try to be open to correction and learn something.

Take care,
Ralph

Last edited by Ralph III; 06-10-2023 at 05:02 PM..
Appreciate 2
Burrcold5322.50