06-10-2023, 06:45 AM   #48
Ralph III
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Wow impressive - so wax & sealants - how often quarterly or every 6 mos?
Hello Floridaorange,
I typically use a spray wax/sealant after every car wash or every other car wash. Such as Eagle One. You don't have to apply it that often but it's convenient and it insures there is always some layer of protection. It also makes follow up car washes easier because contaminants are less likely to stick. This also helps to limit the amount of scratches introduced to a paints surface.

I then apply a liquid carnauba wax on occasion because I'm old school and I like the look. There is no set schedule or anything. It just depends on the mood that I'm in. Otherwise, I typically use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant once or twice a year. It's a really good product that offers excellent protection, IMO.

My advice would be to apply a quality sealant, such as Wolfgang, maybe twice a year with a few waxes in between. That would be my minimum recommendation. Otherwise, you can tweak it by incorporating a spray wax/sealant into your washing routine as well. That would offer the best protection. A lot of this depends on the environment and how the car is used and stored, of course.

God Bless,
Ralph

Last edited by Ralph III; 06-10-2023 at 06:00 PM..
Appreciate 1