View Single Post
      03-28-2014, 02:40 AM   #30
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Then again, at the same time, a mechanical watch doesn't necessarily have to be some overpriced certified Swiss gizmo, I still prefer the analog hands of even a cheap watch, like my $60 Casio Wave Ceptor (though it's more of an analog/digital hybrid with mechanical hands but also has a digital display below). Don't get me wrong, it'd be amazeballs to have a VC or Audemars, but "only super rich folks wear mechanical watches" is a bit unfounded.

Also, like I said in my other reply I'm all about technology, but I still have a feeling that this will still be somewhat of a niche item since despite technological advancements, there are some things that are still left to traditions... Like despite high-speed internet, internet radio, MP3s and YouTube/SoundCloud, some of us are still using removable storage like CDs and USB drives, especially if it's often faster to just transfer a file by those media rather than trying to download it again, right? With that, analog watches are still here to stay, albeit probably in a different form, like perhaps an Android Watch where the hands are analog and sticks out the middle of an LCD. I'd PS a prototype but I'm tired AF and need to wake up early tomorrow.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0