ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonopr01 View Post
Nope, That is called desperation....
I installed mine in a breeze following the instructions given. Yes, The passenger side is a bit more difficult but not impossible to the means of having to cut anything. Specially in a part that is not readily available and VERY expensive...
Because you had a different expierence with a different car, that doesn't automatically mean that your experience is the only possible one for everybody all around the world.

If it would have been just a mm or so, sure I'd muscle it in. But it was like 5 mm with the aluminium part being stuck to the leader of the dashboard (which is a bit soft) and already pushed in for the maximum that it can/will allow. From the bottom I've lifted the clip up so it would slide over the plastic and fall right in after it reached the whole. But There was way to much difference to get it lifted over the plastic, no matter what angle to try. Even after making the bump smaller, I still had to muscle it in. Now after installation it's firmly in place, no movement or so.
Part was delivered next day after ordered, so not such a big deal if I'had to reorder. Then again, it was just some cutting in the bracket, not the actual knee pad.
Appreciate 1
JonM144.50