02-10-2015, 12:16 PM   #11
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bols View Post
A few years back I got my chip at Heinz Belgium but after that there were talks that some of their best moved out and created BR Performance. I've only heard good things about them so far from friends and customers that went there. Definitely going there for my next car now it's not a powerbox anymore! (3 or 4GC if I ever manage to decide between them )

Edit: Maybe it'd be nice to add the country for each tuner? That alone may explain some price variations for us europeans
Oh and perhaps fuel savings in l/100km I can help if you'd like although I've noticed many sites don't even mention it because most people rather use the extra power than the extra savings .
Please see post #9 which includes a PDF of the screenshot of post #1, in which I have included web addresses for these companies. Locations include BEL, NED, UK, GER, and US. There are numerous other tuners in Hungary and Poland, but I could not see pricing on their websites, and i had a tough time understanding the info using Google translate. Also, many with little detail or requiring a form to be filled out to get a price, which I left alone. One thing for sure....there are a lot of companies who offer diesel tuning chips.

WRT l/100k, I have a good thread here (Real Life MPG) which includes a three way (UK, US, L/100) calculator. But more importantly, the data in the table is interpretative. Some tuners would say "15%" improvement. Others would say "5 mpg", others would quote L/100. I tried to normalize it for the table. Also, some would include efficiency in a different part of their website, and frankly, when it was a challenge to get clear and specific numbers re this particular engine, I left out efficiency numbers. Some tuners also had different chips for eco boost, vs. power. I left those alone as well for this exercise. Hope this helps.

Last edited by MattBianco; 02-10-2015 at 02:23 PM..
Appreciate 0