09-15-2016, 06:30 PM   #25
Tripperhappy
is just a Regular guy
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x25D and 640i Cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post

I find it suspicious that even BMW did not include many videos/pictures with people on 3rd row. Ultimately, I would LOVE to stay with X5 and get 3rd row.
I also checked dealers, it looks like nobody has X5 with 3rd row in stock in NY./LI area.
With the 2nd row adjusted onward, I can confidently say that people of height up to 5ft, can sit fairly comfortably on the 3rd row. Anything beyond that has a sliding scale, the max I think will be 5ft 5. Beyond that, you have to sit with the knee tilted to an angle, or knees apart.

I am awaiting delivery, but has test drove with my Mrs (She is 5 ft 5") in the 3rd row, and she is ok with it. My kids are 5ft 4" and 4ft 5" respectively and they are OK in the 3rd row.

Other than the XC90, new Q7 and LRD4, which in my mind gives the best 3rd row space, the X5 is not that bad and slightly less room 3rd seat than the CX-9. However, the CX-9 has a lower roof (and in Australia, only a small moonroof as option), the panoramic roof option in the X5 provides a better perception of space vs the CX-9.