10-09-2016, 10:49 PM   #43
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by double_j View Post
We just had to replace my wife's car after an accident. Ended up with a QX60.

Overall, it's a reasonable vehicle for the price. Dealers are willing to discount pretty heavily. Exterior and interior are acceptable and it's definitely more roomy in the back than the X5 (the QX60 is slightly longer).

That said, there are still some little touches that show you that Nissan isn't quite up to the same level as the rest of the luxury marques in terms of tech and features...implementation of a lot of the features are a bit lackluster (front and rear cameras are low res and more difficult to use than the X5, stereo/nav interfaces are awkward, etc.) and there are a few spots in the interior that are obvious part bin pieces shared with the Pathfinder. Interior materials overall seem about on par with base BMW materials that you'll tend to see in loaners, etc.

QX60 is nice for the price (you can likely negotiate a fully loaded model to the very low $50's or the low/mid $40's if you can forego some of the more advanced driver assist functions and rear seat entertainment). If price isn't really a huge concern for you though, I would stick with the Q7 or XC90.

Thanks for the info on it, after looking at it personally, I think QX70 is more in line with X5, even thought it's probably competing (if it is) with X6. It look sporty. As for a full size SUV, if I had to room I'd probably consider QX80 instead. While I am not a big fan of those fins, it looks like what I would want to drive if I had a full time need for 3rd row seat. I am still considering XC90, but I just can't seem to shake the feeling that I would be going few steps down in terms of performance and class, stepping down from BMW to a Volvo.

I will be waiting to see if X5 gets a bit of an upgrade for '18 MY, it's possible it might get a few small touches and refresh, and then I'll try to find one with 3rd row seat to see how cramped it is.

I still want to stay with X5 if I can. If not, and if Volvo doesn't offer much more than X5 with 3rd row, I will probably consider the ugly exterior slow GX (but nice interior, comfort oriented ride) or Q7.