mmmmQuattro
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: f83 / E93 335 / E70 X5 40d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuit Hunter View Post

My dad has a 2018 Carrera T with PDK, rear wheel steer and sport buckets with rear seat delete and it is as good as advertised. I've spent some with it and have driven may excellent cars, simply put it is an amazing machine. It is incredibly nimble with almost perfect steering and having such a large section with tire in the rear (305), it just grips at level that can't be matched other than by a super car. Depending how it is spec'd, I'd put it up against a 991.1 GT3.

Although it only has 370hp, it's quicker than a 991.1 GTS and Car and Driver managed a 11.9 1/4 mile at 118mph in the base 991.2 Carrera with PDK. That is no slouch.

This car will used at the track and around town, a poor man's GT3 if you will. However, at $120k for this particular build, one could have a 991.1 GT3 therefore there is a compelling argument against the T. However, it's much more understated which is compelling to many. If anyone gets the opportunity I encourage you drive one.
I had to quote you with the photo of that awesome 911T - looks so nice and clean.
When I read this thread, I got all excited - perhaps now I can finally afford a new 911. So over to the Porsche Australia website and built my base model 911T.

With no options, it came to US $185k !... maybe next year (actually, the year after, when private school fees are over )
Appreciate 0