View Single Post
      09-11-2019, 02:39 PM   #12
gwes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by spulukuru View Post
ok its gone to the dealer for testing, The service guy tried talking me into accepting that 8 miles is normal on this car and, throwing hot weather in texas and other bs to say its working as expected. i asked him to show me a BMW site or link that says the car needed to be driven without ac to get the 14 miles out of electric.
seemed like, according to his arguments, the car needs to be driven in air conditioned environment to get 14 miles and not driven with air conditioning on. what BS.
will keep you updated what they come up with.
Both air conditioning and heating have an impact on the mileage, but I wouldn’t think it would be as much as you’re experiencing.
The car doesn’t need to be driven in an air conditioned environment to get 14 miles, but at 100F+ temps, this isn’t the typical scenario that BMW is referencing with their numbers - if the car was driven in cooler temps it’s possible you might have a different experience.
Driving style and road pitch will also have an impact on your battery - you could certainly get only 8 miles out of it if you’re driving like a race car driver up hill the whole way to work - although I don’t think there are any hills in Plano so that part probably doesn’t apply.
There are a lot of things that affect the mileage - something you might want to check is the actual percentage of the battery, because 2mi range may actually be 20-25% battery remaining, just based on your previous miles driven and mileage. Also, depending your home charger (120v or 240v) and how long you leave it after it finishes preconditioning from those 100F+ temps, you may not be leaving home with a full battery either.
Appreciate 0