View Single Post
      02-08-2018, 10:58 PM   #4
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
What are other options out there, want burble tune and power with a slight chance I Can still use my warranty during a catastrophic failure ( I know a guy who had one in his F85, jb4 total engine replacement... was it the jb4 likely not but it was warrantied
You can use any OBD remote tune - they just started to pop up recently, so maybe wait a bit until there is a choice on the market. Previously flashing required physical drilling of DME, but now it can be done remotely via OBD, no drilling required. So with OBD tune you can have a chance to keep warranty (tho it's not 100% because if BMW dealership will want to find out if you were tuned - they will)
Another option is to just use piggyback - and remove it when going to dealership, but piggybacks don't give custom burble tunes - they just trick DME into raising boost, so your best bet is still to go with a proper tune via OBD - google around and I'm sure you will find some remote OBD tune for X5M
Also, all bootmod3 tuners sell their tunes separately - you don't have to buy bm3 for that
Appreciate 0