10-15-2018, 12:23 AM   #9
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
Is there a good thread with factory wheel options, tire sizes they come with, style numbers etc? I searched and didn't see anything.

From what I gather, if you have 19" wheels, you get a square setup but 20 or 21 get staggered tires. Isn't a staggered setup not ideal for an AWD system because the diameters aren't exactly the same?

I'm wondering if I go aftermarket 20 or 21, would it be better to get a square setup or does everyone stick with a staggered setup. I'd prefer 21s but the tire selection doesn't seem great. IMO 22s are a tad too big.
These are "sport" SAVs, so the staggered is about traction and grip...plus the big a** tires look mean from behind. Most other SUVs on the market run square set-ups, including the other high performance ones....Jeep GC, RRS, Cayenne. You can run a square set-up on the xdrive as demonstrated by the 19" factory set-up and that most of us that have dedicated winter rims run square configurations. If you choose year-round squares you may want different offsets between front and rear or run spacers for the look.
Appreciate 0