Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by six View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
Can you provide pics of the install? Just curious how much room is being used on the passenger side.
Here you go. Somehow the pics make it look more of an intrusion than it seems to be in reality. I guess it does extend more than I remembered without looking. But in reality it does need to extended out enough for the driver to lean over and remove it from his/her seat. I've had the F11 version and have it in my X1 too. Having had cause to use one in an emergency (luckily not me) I wouldn't be without one in any of my cars, and not just in the boot, right at hand in the passenger compartment.

I'm surprised BMW doesn't make it a factory option like Mercedes do. My E class was a nice install and it was in the driver seat base which I prefer. But I guess it does mean if not properly secured it might fly out and interfere with the peddles

Hope the pic are useful, please ignore the dirty matts
Thank you. I agree, this should actually be standard in all new vehicles sold worldwide and people should learn how to properly use them. I've witnessed people trapped in a burning vehicle and no one had a extinguisher to control the fire and nothing to break the windows to help the passengers out.
Unfortunately, they died....