View Single Post
      01-16-2020, 11:57 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

If the oil level was an inch below minimum...I'd be worried (moreso pissed about why wasn't there a warning that oil level was low...and be checking into why)...by not being warned when the oil level reached its minimum. Being at minimum oil level is not as "dreadful" state as it seems to have put you in...at minimum...you've caught the oil level before anything destructive can occur. And being leery to do my own oil change etc...I wouldn't be at that level of consternation.

Take a deep breath...add the oil (or change it if its time etc). And now you know to keep a "regular" eye on you Bimmer's oil consumption. Also take note as to if you get the little yellow triangular check control warning on your instrument cluster. I've never gotten a low oil warning...but thankfully my f06 doesn't appear to have a thirst for oil and I've never had to add any between oil changes.

But just in case...if the warning you get when oil reaches the minimum is one of the short warnings...try to be alert to the little triangular check control warning that may appear for a few seconds, then disappear. And maybe its when the oil level get too low where it can cause damage is when you get a textual warning that remains visible (again, I'm speculating because I've never gotten a low oil warning...{knock on wood})
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0