Cbozz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentprotony@gmail.com View Post
So that was one of the reasons i went with fi is that their unit made by hvac professionals and is larger than kc. It is substantially more expensive (i think by like 500) than kc, and it is so for a reason. Now according to fi chillers kc parts and internals are made in china and that would result in lower performance and often in compressor issues.

On the stock heat exchangers, i think you might be overthinking it overdesigning something that could actually be simple and efficient. Take it from the guy that just installed one, you will gain much better airflow to the condenser, you will acquire good bit of room to install the chiller itself and run coolant and ac lines to it. Like i was telling Kory with autolust, space is VERY tight and crammed there, it really would be challenging to keep heat exchangers and the chiller (kc chiller is smaller so maybe it might work idk ), but it would be hard without some major chopping and cutting. Again I really think you overdoing it by keeping the heat exchangers but give it a shot, im sure it would be a complex system that would be hard to fit given an extremely limited space and shape of parts and vehicle layout.

PS ill be getting back on freon tune end of this week hopefully. So far we did 690g then 50g, now i will go by 20g increments and track the coolant, ambient, and cabin temps
I guess you might be right. If I do it I guess I could just keep the AC button on and the heat as well. I really want to see your final temperatures... If your unit is better than the KC one you should definitely be in subzero temps all day.