View Single Post
      11-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #313
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona View Post
^ Eaglesrest, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Should you require changes ( not than any are required), they can be done up till say 6 days before production. I have learned about many options from others sharing. For example, speed limit info, the fact that NA cannot get Traffic Jam Assistant ( ACC supposedly does the same thing, but there must be some difference), the BMWNA misinformation about Rear view camera & Top view (on 50i) and Surroundview.
No problem. I think the 2 key differences between UK TJA and NA ACC are:
1. When the vehicle comes to a complete stop with ACC engaged, after 3 seconds it disengages, so if the vehicle in-front has not moved within that time, the operator has to re-engage the cruise either by pressing the accelerator or pressing the cruise button. This is how it works on my F11 ACC. With TJA the cruise never disengages and will start automatically when the vehicle in front moves off.

2. With TJA the vehicle will steer the car within lane, up to 40 km/h as long as 2 fingers are on the steering wheel. I guess it uses the Lane Departure warning camera to track the lane lines on the road surface.

Another regulatory difference between NA and UK vehicles is the new High Beam Assistant. In the UK it selectively dips individual beams for individual cars intelligently. This effectively means that High Beams are always on to some degree, maximising road illumination. In NA it operates like the older HBA so its either High Beam On , or High Beam Off.
Appreciate 0