11-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #324
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWMN1971 View Post
What sucks is that I talked to several supervisors at BMW NA and all they can say is that they apologize for the situation but there is nothing they can do to solve my problem. It is between me and the dealer which does not help at all. Dealer wants my car back asap so they can sell it and make a profit (they say they have a buyer for the car today) since someone out there is willing to pay a premium to get the car now instead of waiting until March. And btw, I have to take a bus everyday until March since they won't provide me with a loaner.

I guess this dealer won't see my face anymore and if I buy a BMW again it will be from another dealer. That is how they care about customer loyalty since I got 4 BMW from the same dealer in the last 8 years.
Sadly if the car is as you ordered it, and you took delivery, there's really nothing they're obliged to do at all.

However, if it's annoying you that much it sounds like it'd be worth ordering a new car and unloading this one. It's not that long a wait, and you'll likely have this car for a while.

It might be worth offering two options to the stealership:

1. OK, order me a new car, and you can have this one back as soon as my new one arrives. Just let me know what you'll be expecting to deduct for mileage when I turn it back in in otherwise "as-new" condition?

2. OK, I'm unhappy, but you can have this car back and I'll order a new one. What crappy trade do you have that you'll let me drive for no cost until my new car arrives?

You may get traction, you may not.... otherwise you could always rent one (you'll have no payments for a while)?

The upside - at least you'll get TJA and the option of Park Assist on your post December build F15?
Appreciate 0