View Single Post
      11-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #325
BMWMN1971
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i MSport

Tks for your thoughts. I would return it and even rent a crapy car until March if this was my car and I was not living in MN in the winter season. However, my wife drives the X5 and she feels safe on that big car during the winter and she is the one that drives the kids around. I only enjoy the X5 on weekends Thus, a stupid instrument cluster won't justify going through all this hassle. She is not techie at all so she wouldn't care less for the extended display.

If the dealer cared about customer loyalty they could certainly do something but they already proved they couldn't care less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairg View Post
Sadly if the car is as you ordered it, and you took delivery, there's really nothing they're obliged to do at all.

However, if it's annoying you that much it sounds like it'd be worth ordering a new car and unloading this one. It's not that long a wait, and you'll likely have this car for a while.

It might be worth offering two options to the stealership:

1. OK, order me a new car, and you can have this one back as soon as my new one arrives. Just let me know what you'll be expecting to deduct for mileage when I turn it back in in otherwise "as-new" condition?

2. OK, I'm unhappy, but you can have this car back and I'll order a new one. What crappy trade do you have that you'll let me drive for no cost until my new car arrives?

You may get traction, you may not.... otherwise you could always rent one (you'll have no payments for a while)?

The upside - at least you'll get TJA and the option of Park Assist on your post December build F15?
Appreciate 0