Quote:
Originally Posted by F85MTuNED View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXTCHA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F85MTuNED View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXTCHA View Post
I had this same fix applied late last year for the pads but the squealing became worse. Not sure if the 2019 version of this SIB has different pads but my part numbers were the same as the posts above.

Currently working with my SA now to get all 4 rotors replaced. Such a bummer to not be able to drive with windows down in the summer!
I got pads and rotors replaced and I've been fine since the top of this year.
Yeah my SA called me today and said they are replacing the pads (again) but weren't able to make any more headway until tomorrow.

They are pretty good about taking care of me so we'll see what happens but ultimately, I'm hoping a new set of rotors comes out of this tomorrow so I can update everyone.
They should change everything it's the right thing to do + I doubt the problem will go away with only changing 1 portion of the setup so it's probably best to swap everything out and break in the new setup exactly how they tell you to and you'll be fine.
Spoke to SA today. Said no new pads and they are pushing back on the rotors. I generally like this guy but today I hit my limit.

There is a serious lip on all 4 rotors and they "might" offer to lath the rotors... lol get out of here. I asked him what my depth was and he couldn't even give me a straight answer. So after he gave me the supposed depths I read back to him the new and min spec which was wildly different than what he told me (after he said he watched them measure).

Ok, so you watched but no one wrote it down? No problem I said. Let me know when I can come down tomorrow with my micrometer and we can measure together with you, a tech and the foreman. Well use yours first and then mine.

Will see how tomorrow shapes up but I'm already drafting a letter to BMW NA and will vote with my wallet if I have to. Pissed is an understatement.
Time to switch SA's... I have plenty of times. This is a service bulletin. They are obligated to provide you with the service. Getting mine done this week. Finally gave up with this school bus.😂
Good luck, let us know how it went I'm sure they'll take care if you.
Got it done last Saturday. Car drives completely differently now and not a sound from the brakes or rotors anymore🔥
Appreciate 0