View Single Post
      01-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #7
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

My favorite watch is always the one I bought most recently. It may be "nicer" than others I have, it may not be, but it's the one that's my favorite until another new one comes along.

I buy on average two to six watches a year, so there's always something new around. For the first couple weeks after I get it, the new one is the one I wear most, but overall my Sub, Constellation, Series 2000 and Reverso Duo get the most wear.

I have one watch that I bought purely on brand reputation and a picture, and I wish I hadn't. That watch is the AP Royal Oak (simple). It's beautiful. It's an excellent watch. It's far dressier than I thought and the finish on it is fairly susceptible to scratching, at least more so than I would have liked given what my expectations were. If I could turn back time, I'd choose the PP Nautilus or Aquanaut and bought an AP Tradition or Millenary model instead.

I probably will at some point get one of the two PPs noted, but I won't buy either of the AP ones because the RO is one of the watches for which AP is known.

For overall looks, my favorite watch is the Black Belt watch: http://watches.infoniac.com/black-belt-watch.html. I just think it looks cool. The movement inside is just standard ETA, but nobody makes a similar looking watch and that's why I like it.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0