01-15-2021, 01:09 PM   #22
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Median price of new car purchases is much more useful versus average price.

I do have to say the number of options for the cheaper end cars is drying up. Everyone has to look like they are worth more than they actually are. But there are still options out there. I bought my 2019 C-HR new for $20,600 out the door and it wasn't at the end of the model year run. It was at the very beginning.
I bought a 2020 Corolla last year. Mainly because my gf doesn't like to drive my giant ass truck (and honestly neither do I unless I have to) or the C7 corvette I had at the time. I think it was like under $19k OTD.

Honestly... if I was not a car guy... I don't see what more the average person could want in a car. It has AC, sunroof, real wheels, apple car play which gives you navigation, keyless entry and it has a bunch of safety stuff like blind spot monitor and even has adaptive cruise control with lane keeping. I'm sure you can even get leather seats in the higher trim levels.

If the shit were to hit the fan tomorrow and I needed to save as much $$ as possible... I would sell all the other vehicles and keep the corolla.
Appreciate 0