Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autostocks View Post
If my research is correct, the only diesel SUVs available in the US for the 2022 model year are the full-size GM Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban variants and the Jeep Wrangler. If you're looking for a mid-sized luxury diesel SUV, the only option is used.

I've had my 2018 X5 35d since new, now with almost 85k miles. The powertrain has performed like an absolute champ, averaging about 30 mpg in mostly highway driving. A significant advantage of this setup is the incredible range it provides - nearly 700 miles of highway driving! Also, unlike most other diesels I've owned, I've never had to add DEF between oil changes - just have it topped off at the scheduled maintenance interval.

I've started to think about replacing it, but to be honest, there's nothing new on the market that matches this performance right now, and there's nothing wrong with the truck. The longest I've kept a new car is 165,000 miles (still have it - a 1988 Dodge Lancer Shelby). This one might have to break that record.
I feel sorry for u knowing that probably half the G05 X5's exported out of Spartanburg are all diesel powered. We have VAG to blame for the demise of the diesel in North America & other parts of the world Fortunately BMW Australia has maintained the supply of 6 and 4 cylinder diesel models here simply because over half the X5 sold here are diesels

Are you able to purchase a German spec model and re import it via Canada or Mexico?