Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autostocks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
I feel sorry for u knowing that probably half the G05 X5's exported out of Spartanburg are all diesel powered. We have VAG to blame for the demise of the diesel in North America & other parts of the world Fortunately BMW Australia has maintained the supply of 6 and 4 cylinder diesel models here simply because over half the X5 sold here are diesels

Are you able to purchase a German spec model and re import it via Canada or Mexico?
I agree it is crazy that diesels have been largely driven out of the light vehicle market in NA and elsewhere. I'm not sure it was entirely Volkswagen's doing, but that debacle didn't help. The regulators in the US thereafter went berserk, claiming almost all diesels were somehow "cheating" on rules that were badly written to begin with - and ignoring the fact that these engines burn 30-50% less fuel, which one would think is a good thing!

I don't know the answer to your question about importing a gray market vehicle. Would be difficult at best, I'm sure.
I had a Tiguan diesel at the time. Lost a lot of money when it came trade in time in 2016. Bought an X3 diesel great SUV only issue was DPF failed which is a common fault and was replaced under warranty.

I still remember the original report from a university in California? that broke the scandal There were 3 vehicles tested 2 VW's and a BMW X5 I think. I am of the opinion a VW insider leaked the ECU setup to the authorities and the BMW was used as the control vehicle in the real world test experiment, the BMW was within spec and was exonerated. The sad thing was the media made out that ALL diesels had this dodgy ECU programming
F15GorDe261.00