View Single Post
      01-29-2022, 02:37 PM   #19
MyF15+F85
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F85 and 2015 F15

35Ds

What I can add to the conversation is that I do have right now 2 35D BMWs.
Why 2 ? I bought my 3rd BMW ( had 5 Merc bluetecs products before )
The first ( 2015 35D ) one I got was a demo, and I made already on it over 240,000 kms here in Canada. I did not touch anything on it ( in a bad way ). I have done full maintenance ( my way ) oil every 10,000 kms, trans every 100,000 kms full flush. I still did not do any of the recalls ( got the papers but.... maybe in the spring ). I got a few gremlins since I got it ( electrical ) but nothing crazy. ( my gremlins are when it is cold anything -10 C or lower my low windshield washer will come on ( even if it is full ) and turn off my rear wiper, but when it gets warmer the warning goes away. The other one is that the main navigation screen will shut off every so ofter restart itself on its own during my drive a bit annoying but it must be my BMW.)
I have not done any heavy duty repairs on it, Front bearing lower control arms , alignment tires and brakes. That's it.
Filters (oil and air ) yes but no fuel filter yet. I must change it just for the heck of it open it up to see how bad it is.
I still average 7.8l per 100kms. Do I tow, not really but ... I'll take a trailer full of crap ever so often to the dump .
That is why I got myself another exact same 2018 35D individual one.
If this one is going to perform like my older one, Bmw will definitely prove to me that maintenance done right will make it run literally forever.
Both of those vehicles perform in the exact same manner, same acceleration, behaviour on the road. I simply love them ( funny enough I drive the older one more than the newer one go figure, even though the newer one smells like new )
Appreciate 2
AndyW669.00