06-01-2020, 10:34 AM   #115
SqueezeOnThePause
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 35d

Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googone20 View Post
The SCR Module is underneath the passenger headlight. If you have removed your DEF tank behind the front bumper, it is easy to reach up from the bottom and disconnect and remove it. Otherwise you may want to pull the headlight or bumper to get it out with too much struggle.

I want to give a huge thanks to Mr. Tookies!! I just performed a full delete on my vehicle and he was a massive help along the process. I also tackled a full delete on my buddies E70 35d a couple weeks after. Having done them both now, I have definitely learned a lot. The E70 is much more difficult in terms of DPF removal, but the overall process was a lot less complicated. I also really like the turbo noises that the E70 motors make. You hear that smaller turbo spinning at lower parking lot speeds and it just sounds awesome. I can say that modifications need to be made to the process and parts that you purchase from any vendor. You also need to have some aluminum welding done to the coolant plug at the back of the block that supplies coolant to 2 lines. In my case, I was able to delete and remove every unnecessary coolant line in the vehicle. Factory BMW delete plugs are available, and the final product is very clean and simplified. Does anyone know what the differences are between the DUDMD tune and the Malone in terms of options??

Things I used in my delete:
1. AAR Full Exhaust Kit
2. Sebastian EGR delete kit (bought and combined two separate kits from him. I could advise how to use the kits because his are not designed perfect.)
3. Purchased and used 3-4 different factory coolant delete plugs from OEM catalog.
4. Tuning was handled by Malone. Used their Flashzilla to load the software.
5. Will need a new temp sensor for the downpipe most likely due to it being seized and not coming out clean. O2 sensor came out very easily.
6. 2 gallons of Blue BMW coolant
7. F15 requires 2 small vacuum delete plugs. Sebastian supplied one, but I purchased a bunch extra which we used between both vehicles. I think the E70 used 3-4 of them.
8. Get yourself a very small hose clamps for coolant lines of whatever. You may need to use them and they are nice to have around.
Can you help with the plugs needed for coolant lines? Does something have to be fabricated for the rear coolant line or can a plug be used? Plug or cap?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0