View Single Post
      06-28-2018, 05:53 PM   #76
AZTWW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model S Long Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry8912 View Post
Thanks for all those info, it’s really helpful!!! And such a relief for a newbie like me.

I already brought the bm3 tune from their website this morning, and will try to flash it tonight or maybe this weekend. The current mileage of my car is about 22k miles. So I will change plugs at next oil change (30k miles).
After some research, there do have some bad stories regarding to the injectors and coil failure, figure crossed. The extended warranty of my car gonna be ruined for sure, but I hope the tune will worth the risk.

Btw, if I daily drive below 3k rpm, the flash tune won’t affect the lifespan of the engine plugs and other components right??

Cheers

Ok, Please listen carefully.

When you are ready to flash, make sure your laptop firewalls and security options are set to off.

Put your battery on a charger as the flash can take 20 minutes.

Turn off all non-essentials - lights, radio, etc.

close the door, roll down the window so you can breath. Plug in your seat belt behind you.

Once you are into flashing mode, make sure to select FLASH (SKIP CHECKS). For some reason, press here to flash now does not work correctly.

Once it is finished, cycle down and wait 20 seconds before restarting. You should see a prompt that it was successful.

After you start upon a successful flash, if you get error codes (which I did) like drive train, fuel something or another....then you will need to hit the ONLINE RECODE option. It will do a mini flash and cycle off. When you restart this time you should be solid.

Good luck!
Appreciate 3
perry8912101.00
DuSh2113.50
sly1types431.50