01-28-2019, 04:46 PM   #197
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardM3 View Post
I'm intending to do exactly what you did if I can't find a wireless charger I could install in that phone doc. I see the phone doc as worthless since you're connecting via bluetooth anyway. I love the idea of the organizational tray, but I don't necessarily NEED it, that is, IF I can get a wireless charger to swap into that snap-in tray. I'm at this moment thinking I value wireless charging more than I do a nicer organizational tray, but we'll see.

In any case, well done, and thanks to Ben r33_RGSport for this thread and instructions.
I found it more valuable to just take the cradle out. Wireless charging is nice, but I don't think worth it. Big draw back is that the phone is in the center console and you can't see it. I think a lot of people change their phones frequently, and that's why the phone cradle is useless as well as wireless charging cradle; someone posted a charging cradle that was only good for the iPhone X but nothing bigger. Now if you can get a wireless charging mat like they are including in more new cars, then you are on to something as it is more universal for different size phones. Another negative for wireless charging for me is that my phone is always in a case to protect it; I care more about the screen than a wireless charge. It isn't that hard to plug it in.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00