United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 M3, '20 X3MC, '03 540i MSp

Garage List
1991 BMW 318is  [0.00]
2006 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqgambler View Post
I found it more valuable to just take the cradle out. Wireless charging is nice, but I don't think worth it. Big draw back is that the phone is in the center console and you can't see it. I think a lot of people change their phones frequently, and that's why the phone cradle is useless as well as wireless charging cradle; someone posted a charging cradle that was only good for the iPhone X but nothing bigger. Now if you can get a wireless charging mat like they are including in more new cars, then you are on to something as it is more universal for different size phones. Another negative for wireless charging for me is that my phone is always in a case to protect it; I care more about the screen than a wireless charge. It isn't that hard to plug it in.
Yeah that's all fair, though I use a very low profile case because I really hate bulky ones, so wireless charging still works for me. I also just hate plugging the phone in all the time, I don't know what it is, I have an aversion to it now.

I'm still torn about this. But I do really love the organizing tray and actually bought it, it's sitting at home. So I'm ready to install it if I decide to pull out the phone cradle thing.
2003 540i MSport
1991 Red 318i (M50B25 engine swap)
Appreciate 0