View Single Post
      02-17-2023, 02:28 AM   #5
V i C
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M, 205 C63S, AMG GT-R

believe it or not, rear brakes play a role in this level of cars in braking in general applications - not track per se. my rear brakes wear out quicker in my cars when i'm using them as daily drivers than you'd think. i've been told because the brake applies to make the stop smoother. i'm buying what they're saying for now.

just to be clear here, i'm not saying rear brakes provide the majority of stopping power. i'm saying the electronics apply more rear brake than we think during daily driving as it makes for a more comfortable stop; massive front brakes are grabby, they lead to jerking movements

anyway, that's my experience daily driving these kinds of vehicles - not so much in my x5m, as that is new to me. but in my mercs that's what's happened. early rear brake changes.

furthermore, on my w205 c63, when it needed brakes, it was the rear ones that were down past the endplate, and making a grinding noise. and that's when i really noticed what MB was telling me all these years. as i was coming to a stop in daily city driving, the rear brakes would start grinding noises. they were applying pressure.

i'm also not saying your rear brakes should go in 10k. just something to put out there.

Last edited by V i C; 02-17-2023 at 03:05 AM..
Appreciate 2
x5mMege12.50