02-03-2020, 07:45 PM   #2
DgjoX6M2016
F86, G05, E91
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i101 View Post
I took my wife's 2015 F85 for a drive today, while driving home I received a "low coolant level" warning and figured it just needed to be topped off.

Got home, started adding coolant and a stream of coolant starting shooting from the grill on the driver's side. From what I can tell this is the, "aux radiator."

I have ordered a replacement, even paid 50 bones extra for quicker shipping as this will obviously leave the car out of commission until it gets fixed. I have a few questions for the experts on the forum....

1). How do I access this radiator? Does the entire bumper need to come off? Access it from the bottom? Etc...?

2). After it is replaced, I am guessing I have to bleed the system? The last BMW I did coolant work on, I remember there was something special sequence of steps I needed to do to bleed the electric water pump....Is this still the case? Or can I just fill it up, park on an incline, and bleed it like a "normal" vehicle.

3). Any other tips you have for me?

Thanks in advance!

Jake
Bummer. Something must have hit it. Not sure but hopefully someone here can help. Look at the training docs in stickies and you can see the radiator exploded view.
Appreciate 1