View Single Post
      09-13-2019, 12:19 PM   #4985
davidabaker
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 5.0 F15

Activating Trailer module AHM

I recently installed a DrawTite trailer hitch (does not have retractable hitch) and oem wiring harness. I thought activating it would be simple, but I have spent a week looking at various sites, forums, threads, etc... I thought ISTA+ would be the way to go because I saw something under Software Updates that showed Trailer control unit activation. How hard can that be. After installing a couple different versions of ISTA+ including this latest one (Standalone 4.15) complete with sql databases and PSdZ data I thought I finally had it. When I run a test it identifies the fault and shows that it needs to be encoded. When I continue a measure plan is created. This measure plan wants to program or encode many modules and I am unable to un-select them. It also wants to remove my trailer control module. If I execute the plan it does all kinds of stuff with windows, seats, sunroof, etc... Kinda scary what else it might change on me. Is there a simple way to just activate / encode the trailer control unit (which includes the pdc, camera and stabilization steps)???
Please point me in the right direction.
Appreciate 0