View Single Post
      08-04-2020, 01:33 PM   #41
sbanbahji
Registered
Rep
Drives: x5 x35i

Having the exact same problem - any solution yet as to the source of the creak ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerTy View Post
Well Mav, I mentioned this initially under your DIY Wishbone thread but this is probably the right thread here..

Had my Thrust Arms aka Upper Control Arms replaced recently because a bushing was worn and cracked, however, there was no audible noise at the time. After the replacements, I now have a creaking sound at low speeds on front driver's side that seems to go away (at least mostly) after I drive for a few minutes. It's definitely the worst when I first start driving after the car has been sitting for at least a couple hours. My indy couldn't figure it out, 3rd party shop that specializes in front ends, and the dealer couldn't figure it out. I think I'm SOL at this point.

Not related to the creaking - Indy is also replacing my front right axle since they screwed up and damaged the axle boot when replacing the control arms. Labor to replace the boot isn't worth it so new axle it is.
Having the exact same problem - any solution yet as to the source of the creak ?
Appreciate 0