View Single Post
      02-09-2015, 06:46 PM   #1380
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
Very similar to my build. I'm curious to hear what you think about the adaptive M suspension and how it's different from the base or DHP suspension options. I ordered an M-Sport with the Adaptive M and DHP suspension options.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayJay View Post
This is my first BMW and I honestly don't know what the difference would be between Adaptive M and DHP. After reading some comments on multiple blogs that Adaptive M makes the ride better so I just added.. I do love the ride.. I drove Lexus IS for 6 years before this.. I definitely feel that X5 has better driving and cornering than my previous ride..
This is the difference:

MountainMan, you have the best suspension. You'll notice how much more planted your car is, and when you take corners, it will feel more like a sedan taking corners. The stock suspension has a good amount of body roll. Adaptive M is a great compromise for only $900 as KayJay got on his build. DHP is just that much better and by having both, you'll just have that perfect feel/control. I wish they would make these suspensions (at least the M adaptive) standard for this vehicle. I guess some people like the loose feel ...not me.

Congrats to both of you . It's truly a remarkable vehicle.