Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
how can a BMW dealer get certified parts? BMW dealers only sell OEM brand new parts. Insurance companies will give you a shop they work with which gets its own parts usually are 3rd party parts and not bought direct from BMW dealers to save money. They could be made in china or used parts that are re certified etc.. The insurance companies will say they cover their parts, thats great however BMW warranty does not they only cover OEM BMW brand new parts. So if you hit a deer say, and the insurance company sends you to a shop that shop uses 3rd party parts and something goes wrong later on and you take it into BMW dealer under warranty and they see you do not have BMW OEM certified parts your warranty will be voided and you are stuck fighting your insurance company, good luck. The insurance company will cover that particular part, but not anything else.

Just always make sure you have it in your policy that they cover the replacement parts as only BRAND NEW OEM BMW PARTS and you should be good. A lot of these cut rate insurance companies may save you up front but you have to be careful bc sometimes when you really need it you get what you pay for.

Just want to make sure everyone know so they ask their insurance agent or provider to make sure they get a clear answer and also dial that in so you don't have to deal with it heaven forbid anything happens.
So you wrote an essay just to agree to what I was trying to say, which was that if you bring your car to a BMW dealer and make a claim with Geico MBI, you will be guaranteed to have new OEM parts.
Appreciate 1
GenXer1365.00