View Single Post
      10-16-2020, 04:58 PM   #81
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
GOLFFRR is right. GEICO is notorious for trying to pay for 3rd party parts rather than OEM. He's just trying to keep everyone informed. Insurance companies are weasels. We all know this.

This is ESPECIALLY true on claims where either you're at fault or no fault (although that doesn't really apply to the discussion on this thread since it's for MBI)
Exactly this. I recently broke my windshield and was going to have the local dealership repair it under an insurance claim (Geico). Insurance would only cover about $800, which was the safelite price. The OEM glass alone was about 1300 plus the labor would have stuck me with a $1200 bill. Also fun fact, the safelite guy told me when you take the car to the dealership, 9 times out of 10 they just outsource it to them. Apparently the guy that did my car has done multiple cars at the local BMW dealership.

In the end I went with safelite and am happy to report that there were no issues. I carry MBI on my car as well through Geico, but haven't had to use it yet.
Appreciate 0