TheVazha
Major
Rep
Drives: X5Mmmkay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30er View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
program one of the shortcut keys for "self-cleaning" function like your oven. it is my favorite feature within the ultimate executive package. details found here: https://www.bmwusa.com/self-clean/f85.html
I can't find what this does. The link just takes me to the BMWUSA website but can't find anything related to "self-cleaning"
Haha I think he meant it an analogy, like a shortcut.

My daily used to be:
Engine: S
Suspension: S
Steering: S

Then I realized that the difference is unnoticeable from S to S+ (other than steering which I find to be way too artificially heavy is S+). With a tune, it's basically all the same except for efficient mode. So new daily is:

Engine: S+
Suspension: S+
Steering: S

Also, tuned and dd, transmission in the "3" setting is unbearable. For spirited canyon runs it's the only way, but for daily, it's not great.

But to answer your question, you can program the M1 and M2 buttons to whatever custom set up you want. That said, pressing any of the buttons after engaging M1 or 2 settings automatically just turns off the "M" setting light, even though the parameters are basically the same.

Also, if you're in D mode and trans is at a "2", if you click the paddle or gear lever to the right it automatically takes you into Manual mode and the trans setting automatically shifts to the 3rd shift setting.