View Single Post
      11-09-2022, 04:39 PM   #80
MikeM6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M6GC, X5M, M3, X7, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post

2 - Add oil until it spills out the fill hole (usually around 3 - 4 liters), start engine and rev to 2K for 30 seconds in park, shift to reverse and idle for 30 seconds, then D for 30 seconds, then 1st for 30 seconds, then 2nd for 30 seconds, put back in park and leave engine running and quickly run back under and stuff another liter or so in until it starts to trickle out the fill hole. Transmission temp needs to between 86 to 122f so you must be fast if its already warm out.
During the fill procedure, when changing between P-R-D-1-2, do the wheels need to be free to rotate, or can the vehicle be on the wheels with your foot on the brake? Based on your post about using drive up ramps, I think they don't need to rotate, but wanted to confirm. Haven't seen this detail mentioned.

From TIS: To set the correct level, it is mandatory that the service function "Transmission control unit: oil adjustment" is performed using the diagnosis system.

Is this essentially the steps you outlined? I haven't hooked up ISTA to see if I can find this procedure yet. Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0