View Single Post
      11-21-2023, 02:57 PM   #1
DrVirz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 15 F85 X5M

Rebuilt Motor - Ista Errors (Elec)

Hi all,

I have just finished rebuilding my S63tu (15' X5M). I bought the motor with 2 spun big ends, the car ran (albeit with a loud knock) before rebuilding. I am getting quite a few electrical errors which I am having trouble diagnosing.

A foreword on the errors, I am quite sure I have connected all grounds, however this is slightly different to my E70 50i which I rebuilt, so would like a second opinion. Grounds are the two on the main harness cover above engine, 4x on injector clamps, 1x for radiator fan and thats it? I left the box in the car so the gearbox, diff and exhaust ground were not touched.

The smaller battery is brand new. The larger isn't however it holds voltage, I have also tried another battery out of my other X5 (battery near new).

I will test continuity on the relevant circuits below in the coming days, however remembering that the car ran without these errors prior to rebuild, so I doubt (hopefully) that anything is wrong with the harness.

Errors below, any help would be appreciated.

E12C01, 804951 Left fuel level sensor, short circuit to B+ (or line disconnection)
DE8C5E LIN SINE, communication fault
20A504 Turbocharger - coolant pump, actuation: line disconnection
1C4119 - Engine oil temperature sensor, electrical: malfunction
136208 Valvetronic system 2: No movement identified
152021 Relay, ignition and injectors, supply voltage, ignition 2 : Short cuircuit to B+
133011 Valvetronic, supply voltage: Malfunction, secondary retraction, voltage supply
135608 Valvetronic system: No movement identified
133104 valvetronic relay, activation: Line disconnection
1F4A10 Relay, ignition and injectors, activation: Line disconnection
109001 Collant temperature sensor, electrical: Short circuit to B+
CD9001 LIN, message: auxillary coolant pump for charge ari cooler: missing
CD8E12: LIN, message, alternator: Missing
10A001 Radiator outlet temperature sensor, electrical: Short cuirt to B+ or open line
Appreciate 0