02-02-2015, 05:11 PM   #26
retx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F15 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
ACC maintains speed, so if you are on a downhill, it will brake. I tap my brakes on top of the hill while on EcoPro and ACC. Cruise deactivates, and EcoPro allows coasting. When my speed is gradually reduced to about my prior cruise setting, I reengage cruise.
I got to figure this out in the next trip. Thanks.

It seems I'm still confused with the whole concept. I thought I already engaged the "coasting" during my short trip yesterday.

I took the short trip with the mixed local and highway outsides NYC. I was using eco pro, and activated ACC when on the highway.

Duration - 2:22h
Distance - 87 miles
Consumpt - 24.8 mpg
Speed - 38.0 mph

The distance in Highway is about 50 miles, and I used the Active Cruise Control in the speed range of 55-70 mph from the beginning to the end.

Since mine is still in break-in (less than 200 total miles), I bet its MPG can be better.

Based on my understanding, the owner manual indicated
"Coasting is a component of the ECO PRO..."
"Coasting is automatically activated when ECO PRO mode is called via the Driving Dynamics Control."
"The function is available in a certain speed range"."
"In ECO PRO mode, this function is available in a speed range from approximately 30 MPH/50kmh to 100 MPH/160kmh, if the following conditions are satisfied:
1. Accelerator pedal and brake pedal are not operated.
2. The selector levers is in transmission position D.
3. Engine and transmission are at operating temperature.

So isn't this feature is able to combine ACC and ECO PRO together, and the computer can automatically calculate the conditions and factors and make the car coast by itself without we physically touch it!?
Appreciate 0