View Single Post
      10-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #79
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinBimmer View Post
Dear opasha..I live in Peru, and I have a friend (experienced in bmw) who can do the installation... can I also count on you with the TeamViewer coding part? If so, I'mm be glad you pm me

Question: I read that every time I take my car to service, there will not be a problem with my dealer at all, right? any kind of service that require re-coding or appears failure alerts?
Yes, I can help you. As long as all your coding is already setup and your ESYS works correctly. If not, take the time to set it up and learn it - everyone I have helped so far has done so. This is my only prerequisite. I don't have the time to set the whole thing up for you, but I can do steps 1 and 3 and the other coding issues I mentioned that I dealt with.

As far as taking it, this is only needed if your car is going in for major service where they have to reset your vehicle or perform any diagnostic coding, etc. Any ISTA/P related service as Shawn explained already and answered your question in his post #56 (post #75 to you above).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbragg View Post
Although I agree with wdimagineer that BMW hasn't come anywhere close to realizing the full potential of this, I'm really tempted to do this. Doesn't look too hard after watching the videos and reading opasha's outstanding instructions.

When I follow the link, it gives me a price of about $1500 for the part. Is that correct? So it would cost me $1500 for the part and that's it if I install it myself?

Didn't think I would, but I am leaning closer to doing this.
Thanks, bud. Yes, it costs $1528.17. I got charged $68.77 credit card fee because I used credit card, so my total was $1596.94. Same applies to paypal I believe. However, if you do a direct bank transfer payment, there is no extra charge. You'll see all these options when you order. They ship via DHL (standard, so it takes about a week or so to arrive). That's the only cost to you except for the tools I mentioned. You'll need something similar to the hooks I showed in the OP if you want to pop out those latches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia View Post
Opasha

You brave soul....for taking on such a complicating task. I'm glad it worked out cuz it look gorgeous!

Now I might have to do that.

Z.
Z, good to see you back!! Thanks, man. It really is gorgeous in person. Let me know if you need any help with the coding process. I'm sure Ben can help as well.