View Single Post
      01-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #114
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18’ Q7,16'981 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivegot View Post
Personally, I think the new X5 is an improvement over the previous model. Try to use some imagination. Try to imagine the new X5 with 20'' wheels, an M-sport packet, and a better color. It's really not that bad looking. Especially considering the quality of the photo (what is it? Some virtual 360' screenshot?).

I've been laughing for 6 pages. Almost every response to the new X5 has been ''OMG it's so ugly.'' Come on, guys! You weren't born yesterday, were you? Have you ever loved a new model more than the previous? It's so typical - whenever a new model comes out, people hate it with everything they've got. Until they get used to it. And then they love it. Until another new and ugly model comes out. I've got an E60. When it first came out, people were literally crying. It was so ugly.

So let's think first and talk later. :-)
My complaint is not about how bad it looks... its more about "couldn't they do better than that?"As i have said before a high school graduate with a week of PS training can create a better design than that. They managed to just include that stupid "headlight touching the grill design"[looks fine on one model but trying to incorporate into every model is just silly IMHO] in to the present X5[They managed to add the so called character line on the side of the present X5 ] and slap it with the X1'ish rear... and walla here is our new flagship SUV.They couldn't even make the H kink a little more different.I mean really....BMW after all the research into design and innovation,with all your resources .. you manage to bring out this.It would be fine for a company like dodge or fine as a LCI. I don't expect this from a luxury SUV maker whose product could cost 70K .

Honestly this has been the trend of all recent BMW's. A quick search for an imaginative concept from an artist[speculative picture] of the future X5 looks better than this.Same went with the F10 too.It looks like some grand dads car.
The only explanation i can manage is that either they r being very safe or being very lazy.That's what Honda and toyota did and ended up in the present state. Lazy ass diesigns.

Last edited by luvthestck; 01-16-2013 at 08:19 AM..
Appreciate 0