View Single Post
      02-15-2020, 07:28 PM   #5
EuroCarFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I had posted this on the F85/F86 section as well and figured I'll do it here also.

Yeah I got suckered.

I've been looking for an Invisihitch and had some posts here and there. Got a PM from Manxbim332 saying check with someone name Osbey at zip code 303.... or email him at the email above. I sent the email and "Osbey" said he has one for sale for $300 shipped. He even listed a phone number on his email (707-861-0828).

I was excited at finding the unit and didn't even think to ask for pics but simply asked for his Venmo and sent him payment. He said he was going to ship it the next day but for some reason, I had a bad feeling a couple hours later. Next day I called his number and it was a Google phone. I left vm and he actually texted me back saying he'll ship it that evening and would send me tracking. Next day I texted him again and he said he shipped it already but that he's a truck driver and is out on the road. In the meantime, I pinged Manxbim332 asking how he knows Osbey and if he's a member but didn't get a reply. Pretty much knew I've been had.

I noticed that there are two other people that had also Venmoed him for some car parts. Wished I could reach out to them and let them know not to hold their breath on getting those parts.

And yes I know. Should have been more careful, used PayPal and pay for goods and services to be protected...etc.. I've bought dozens of parts from members from various forums and first time this has happened. Always a first time I guess.

Sent a note to Venmo Support detailing the incident and asking to see if I can somehow get my money part but I don't think they can do anything about it.

Sorry for the long post. A little drama to entertain you all. haha
Appreciate 0