09-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #8
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kits135i View Post
Most of these watches have a quarts movement. What a waste for that kind of money. Also most are very small. Only a handful that are decent size.
???
  • Shinola: Quartz. Not small at all. 40 mm is smallest. It is still a manufacture watch. There aren't too many in-house made watches you can buy at all for $500.
  • Hager: Mechanical. 40 mm is smallest. 42 mm is most common size. Not manufacture.
  • RGM: Mechanical. 35 - 42 mm, maybe larger. Calibre 20 watches are manufacture.
  • KM: Mechanical. 100% custom made by hand, so you can have any size you want.
Are you sure you posted in the right thread?

To my mind, Shinola's seem like watches priced and marketed to exactly the kind of person who shops in the stores in which they are sold -- Saks is the store I know about. I suspect for that store's customer, many of whom are quite comfortable with having spent $5K+ for one or more watches, $500 - $600 is fine price point for a smart looking, "fun," casual watch -- for oneself or as a gift -- for it's not expensive and it's not dirt cheap either. It is, however, no more costly than a pair of decent shoes or a couple shirts and thus falls into much the same vein as those items. If you see it and you like it, just buy it and enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0