View Single Post
      08-01-2017, 11:59 AM   #52
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

rolex

based on the occasion i would say Rolex. Rolex is the most undeniable watch out there. Everyone recognizes it and it is a sign of achievement and wealth for majority of the population.

Most iconic would be your submariner and although everyone and their moms has one its is hard not to notice one on someones wrist.

Rolex goes with everything, dressed up or down.

When I started collecting several years back my first watch was a rolex datejust. my collection evolved to many other brands but ended up getting SS Daytona. Waiting for the SS Sky to come out.

I have pam 320 which i do wear often but its large on my wrist. Very sporty and weekend watch as it doesn't fit in my sleeves on my dress shirts. Love that you can easily switch bands but something about black face and brown bands doesn't work for me. it is now my vacation watch and wear it solely with the rubber strap.

if you can get your hands on a SS Daytona thats the unicorn of rolexes and your dad will set himself apart from everyone else but with a iconic and classic timepiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8_is_enough View Post
I'd get him the Rolex. Between the two brands, Rolexes are built better, have better resale value, and are more recognized (for better or worse). I have both and paid the same price for each one, but I'd pick the Rolex if I could only have one.
Appreciate 0