12-16-2016, 02:45 PM   #4
roll_the_dice
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F30 EBII

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNus View Post
Are you opposed to the stainless and yellow gold Submariner with the blue dial and bezel? Is that still beyond what you are able to spend?

If it were me, I personally wouldn't care about an aftermarket bezel and dial. Simply because it wouldn't be my only Rolex or my only nice timepiece. I have wanted a red bezel and dial submariner for some time and the only options I have found are aftermarket. I also don't care what others think about what's on my wrist and don't view it as an investment.
I have been looking at some of the two tone watches and I am not sure about them...I just started paying attention to them today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
you can find plenty of rolex dials and bezels throughout the internet. Buy the watch you can afford and then expect to spend $500-600 on a dial and bezel if bought used. If new, $1k +

What's your price range? There are lots of other divers out there that are blue and provide better value imo. Rolex i fell you pay more for the name than anything.
I was originally looking at a new SS Submariner, so I was expecting to spend about $8500 or so...so I would say budget is about $9k max, but since I started looking PO, the prices are obviously less, but I still look at PO watches up to about $9K.

I am not looking at it as an investment and I have looked at Omega and some other watches, but I have always liked Rolex. I have worn a Cartier Tank watch for the last 20 years and bought a Swiss Army Victorinox Chrono to wear as a casual watch about 6 years ago. I will wear the new watch and still wear the Cartier to some degree, but I am ready for a new watch.

I would like to one day hand this watch down to my son and hopefully one day to his son (if he has a son).

I guess I am asking also, if one already has an aftermarket bezel/dial should I expect to pay less than if it was all original? I am leaning towards the blue since the casual watch I have now has a black face and bezel. Not my watch but the exact Swiss Army I have.
Attached Images

Drives: 2011 Porsche 958, 1965 Chevy C10, 1988 Porsche 944 Sold:2010 e90 Montego Blue, 2013 F30 EBII, 2013 Tangerine Scream Ford Focus ST, 2006 Mini R50,2004 VW Touareg, 2012 Camaro Convertible, 2008 Porsche 911 Convertible, 2007 Corvette, 2004 BMW e64 convertible, 2000 Dodge Dakota, 1999 Ford F150, 1999 Porsche Boxster, 1999 Ferrari Modena, 1992 BMW e36, 1990 Nissan 240sx, 1979 Celica, 1974 Mustang II
My Build Thread
Appreciate 0